Table of contents:
There are home remedies that can help relieve the symptoms of thrush, however, if a person suspects that they have thrush, they should go to the doctor for proper treatment and prevent the symptoms from getting worse.
The treatment prescribed by the doctor can be complemented with the following home remedies:
1. Washing with Barbatimão
An excellent home treatment for candidiasis is to wash the genitals with barbatimão leaves, due to its healing and bactericidal properties.
- 2 cups of barbatimão bark;
- 2 liters of water;
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
Place the barbatimão peels in the water and boil for approximately 15 minutes. After this time, the solution must be strained and the spoon of lemon juice must be added. Washing should be performed at least 3 times a day.
2. Herbal Vaginal Solution
A strong infusion of thyme, rosemary and sage has antimicrobial properties that inhibit fungal growth and astringent properties, which lessen tissue irritation.
- 375 mL of boiling water;
- 2 teaspoons of dried thyme;
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary;
- 1 teaspoon dried sage.
Pour the water over the herbs, cover and leave to rest for about 20 minutes. Strain and use as a vaginal cleansing solution twice a day.
Daily routine to treat candidiasis
Some great tips for a daily routine to treat thrush:
- Take 1 cup of yogurt;
- Introduce yogurt into the vagina, leaving it to act for 3 hours, which helps to strengthen the immune system, and alters the pH of the region, facilitating healing;
- Washing the genital region with barbatimão tea, twice a day;
- Drink echinacea tea because it strengthens the immune system;
- Have a glass of cabbage juice with lemon because it helps detoxify the body;
- Eat goji berries, which help strengthen the immune system.
It is advised to follow these guidelines for at least 3 days. They help to complement the treatment for candidiasis indicated by the doctor and therefore should not be used as a single form of treatment. See what drug treatment consists of.