Table of contents:
- Nutrition information
- How to make grape flour at home
- Grape flour muffin recipe
- Grape flour cookies recipe
Grape flour is made from the seeds and skin of the grape, bringing benefits such as regulating the intestines and preventing heart disease, due to its high fiber and antioxidant content.
This flour is easy to use and can be added to sweet or savory dishes. In addition, it is simple to prepare at home, being an economical way to add benefits to different foods. Its main he alth benefits are:
- Preventing heart disease, as it is rich in antioxidants such as resveratrol;
- Improve bowel function, as it contains fiber;
- Improve circulation as it reduces inflammation and the formation of atherosclerosis in blood vessels;
- Reduce cholesterol, as it contains flavonoids, which are powerful antioxidants;
- Reduce joint pain, due to its high content of antioxidants;
- Fighting premature aging as antioxidants maintain the he alth of skin cells;
- Prevent varicose veins, by activating blood circulation;
- Help control blood glucose, as it is rich in fiber.
Grape flour can also be found in the form of capsules, and its benefits are obtained from the consumption of 1 to 2 tablespoons of this flour per day. See how to make grape juice to prevent a heart attack.
The following table provides nutritional information for 2 tablespoons of grape flour:
|Quantity: 20g (2 tablespoons of grape flour)|
|Carbohydrate:||6, 7 g|
Grape flour can be added to smoothies, fruit salads, cakes and juices, as shown in the following recipes.
How to make grape flour at home
To make the flour at home, you must remove the skins and seeds of the grapes, wash them well and spread them out in a way that they do not overlap each other, to facilitate drying.Then, the mold should be placed in a low oven for about 40 minutes or until the skins and seeds are completely dry.
Finally, beat the seeds and dry skins in the blender until the flour is obtained, which must be kept in a closed container, preferably inside the refrigerator to increase its durability. It is recommended that homemade flour be consumed between 2 and 3 weeks after its manufacture.
Grape flour muffin recipe
- 1 cup whole wheat flour;
- 1 cup rolled oats;
- 1 cup grape flour;
- 1/2 cup brown sugar;
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder;
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda;
- 1/4 teaspoon s alt;
- 1 cup of milk;
- 1/2 cup chopped apple;
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil;
- 2 eggs;
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence.
In a large bowl, mix the flours, oats, sugar, baking powder, bicarbonate and s alt. In another container, mix the milk, chopped apple, coconut oil, eggs and vanilla. Pour the liquid mixture over the dry ingredients and mix until uniform. Put the dough in greased small molds and take it to the phone preheated to 180ºC for about 15 minutes or until the toothpick test indicates that the cookie is cooked.
Grape flour cookies recipe
- 4 tablespoons of coconut oil or extra virgin olive oil;
- 2 eggs;
- ½ cup of brown or coconut sugar tea;
- 1 cup of grape flour tea;
- 1 cup of whole wheat flour tea;
- ½ cup of raisin tea;
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
Beat the coconut oil, sugar and eggs. Add the flour and raisins, mixing well. Add the yeast and stir again. In a large greased shape, put the dough modeling in the shape of round cookies. Bake in a preheated oven at 180º C for about 15 minutes or until golden.
Passion fruit flour can also be used to lose weight and prevent diseases, see its benefits and how to use it.