Table of contents:
Wrinkles are signs of skin aging, which begins to show its first signs around the age of 30, when the elastic and collagen fibers of the skin decrease in quantity, leaving the skin thinner and flaccid.
The first wrinkles that appear are expression lines, such as worry lines, for example, and appear around the lips and forehead when they move, but which, after age 40, appear even when the face is still, around the eyes and chin, and can get worse over the years until it affects most of the face, neck and décolleté.
So, the main types of wrinkles that appear are:
- Type I: they are discreet alterations that appear with facial expressions, not yet considered wrinkles, which can begin to be noticeable between 20 and 30 years of age, in the of the face that make expressions;
- Type II: appear after the age of 30 or 40, as the face moves, in moments of concern, smiles and expressions, and are more common around the lips, mouth and forehead;
- Type III: they are fixed wrinkles that appear even with the face rested, and are fine or with small ripples, due to the thinning of the skin, after the age of 50. These are wrinkles that can no longer be disguised with makeup and can give the face a haggard or tired look, which appear mainly around the eyes, on the forehead and between the eyebrows;
- Type IV: These are wrinkles that get deep after age 60 or 70, and are constant due to gravity pulling down thin skin. They commonly appear on the sides of the chin, neck, in front of the ears and are no longer masked by creams or makeup.
Wrinkles can also be formed by expression lines due to some movement or facial expression maintained repeatedly by the person, and therefore, it is important to avoid overloading the facial muscles, due to excess tension, any position when sleeping, to try to see or protect themselves from the sun, for example.
How to treat
The ideal treatment for wrinkles depends on the stage they are in, with options such as peeling, radiofrequency sessions or glycolic acid cream, prescribed by the dermatologist, for the treatment of expression wrinkles, or laser procedures, application of botox or plastic surgery, for example, for deeper wrinkles. To find the best method, see Wrinkle Treatment.
Some homemade or natural methods may be options, such as the use of natural teas and creams. Check out the natural recipe against wrinkles.
How to avoid
Wrinkles are inevitable, as they arise due to the body's natural aging. However, its onset and severity may vary, due to the person's genetics, but also due to lifestyle habits. So, to avoid the appearance of wrinkles, you should:
- Avoid smoking or staying in environments with a lot of smoke;
- Practice physical activity;
- Having a he althy diet, rich in vitamins and minerals, present in vegetables;
- Make collagen replacement, through food, such as gelatin, or in capsules sold in pharmacies;
- Avoid excessive exposure to the sun;
- Protect yourself from the sun with sunscreen, hat and glasses;
- Keep your skin hydrated by drinking plenty of fluids.
There are options for cosmetic creams that help hydrate the skin and prevent expression lines, usually sold in pharmacies or cosmetics stores. Know how to choose the best anti-wrinkle cream for your skin.