Table of contents:
Curly hair, whether short or long, is naturally drier, requiring greater care to keep it silky and soft. This is because the scalp's natural oil does not distribute itself easily through the strands, as with other types of hair, leaving the strands tangled and more difficult to comb.
Furthermore, to form beautiful defined curls, curly hair needs to be cared for properly, using styling creams and serums for dry and damaged ends.
Tips to take care of curly hair
Some tips for curly hair to be silky smooth include:
- Wash your hair only 2 to 3 times a week, always using conditioner or mask to leave your hair well hydrated. See how to wash your hair at: How to wash your hair properly.
- Use shampoo and conditioner suitable for curly hair and without s alt, passing the shampoo only at the root of the hair strands;
- Use a moisturizing mask once a week, with Argan oil. Read more at: 3 steps to moisturize curly hair at home.
- Dry your hair with a thin microfiber towel or an old t-shirt, pressing down on the strands;
- Comb your hair after showering using a styling cream and a wide-bristle comb, to comb it without damaging it;
- Let the hair dry naturally, without using a hairdryer and without tying it;
- Use a serum or curling iron on days you don't wash your hair.
In addition, to keep your hair he althy and without split ends, you should cut your hair every 3 months and avoid using a hairdryer or flat iron.
The products used must be suitable for taking care of curly hair, such as Vizcaya shampoo and conditioner for Curly Hair, shampoo, conditioner and cream from the Natura Cachos Marcantes line or shampoo, conditioner and cream from the Natura line Perfect Curls by TRESemmé.
How to prepare Homemade Combing Cream with Gelatin
A good strategy to define the curls, leaving the hair beautiful, hydrated and with the correct volume is to use a good combing cream, which should be applied when the hair is still damp, right after washing. To prepare this wonderful homemade cream you will need:
- 1 hair cream (from a brand of your choice);
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin;
- 5 tablespoons of warm water;
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil or olive oil;
- 1 tablespoon of dry ends serum (from a brand of your choice).
- Start by heating the water for a few seconds in the microwave and then add it to the gelatin, stirring well until dissolved.
- Then add the oil and serum, until the mixture is uniform.
- Finally, mix the preparation with the hair cream and store it in a used hair cream container.
Homemade combing cream with gelatin should be applied to washed hair while it is still damp, and it is recommended to apply the mixture strand by strand. After applying the product, it is recommended to comb the hair, leaving it to dry naturally.
Furthermore, another excellent option to eliminate frizz, reduce volume, hydrate and define curls is Hair Cauterization, an aesthetic treatment that can be done in hairdressers.