Table of contents:
Hair loss in menopause occurs due to a decrease in the production of estrogen by the ovary, causing a drop in collagen levels, which is primarily responsible for keeping hair he althy.
Thus, the best way to prevent menopausal hair loss is hormone replacement, which can be done by taking hormonal medication prescribed by the gynecologist, such as Climaderm, or by applying hair loss creams, such as Regaine.
5 tips to beat hair loss
There are some tips that help prevent hair loss:
- Use shampoos for weakened hair, with collagen polymers, which make hair softer and voluminous;
- Place conditioner in hair and wash after a few minutes to protect hair before going to the pool or beach;
- Massage the hair with a mixture of 10 drops of lavender essential oil and 1 tablespoon of avocado oil, washing well afterwards;
- Eat 1 Brazil nut a day as it contains selenium which helps keep hair and nails strong;
- Eat foods rich in protein, calcium and magnesium, such as rice, beans, milk or seafood, as they help in hair growth.
If the woman has excessive hair loss, consult a gynecologist or dermatologist to diagnose the problem and start the necessary supplementation.
See how to prepare a delicious vitamin to strengthen the wires:
You might like:
- 7 tips for hair to grow faster
- How to make hair grow faster
- Foods against hair loss