Logo femininebook.com
First Aid 2023

First aid for poisoningção by poisonous plants

Table of contents:

First aid for poisoningção by poisonous plants
First aid for poisoningção by poisonous plants
Anonim

When coming into direct contact with a poisonous plant, you should:

  1. Immediately wash the area with plenty of soap and water for 5 to 10 minutes;
  2. Wrap the area with a clean compress and seek medical help immediately.

Furthermore, some recommendations that should be followed after contact with poisonous plants are to wash all clothes, including shoelaces, avoid scratching the area and do not put alcohol on the skin.

Image
Image

Another thing you should never do is try to remove the resin from the plant with an immersion bath, putting your hand inside a bucket, for example, as the resin can spread to other areas of the body.

A good tip is to take the poisonous plant to the hospital, so that doctors know which plant it is, and can identify the most appropriate treatment, as it can vary from one plant to another. Here are some examples of poisonous plants that can be dangerous to your he alth.

Home remedy to soothe the skin

A good home remedy to soothe the skin after contact with poisonous plants is baking soda. After contact with the poisonous plant, such as the glass of milk, me-no-one-can, tinhorĂ£o, nettle or mastic, for example, the skin can become red, swollen, blistered and itchy and the sodium bicarbonate, due to its antiseptic and fungicidal properties, will help the skin to rejuvenate and kill bacteria or fungi that may be present on it.

Ingredients

  • 1 tablespoon of baking soda;
  • 2 tablespoons of water.

Preparation mode

To prepare this remedy, simply mix the baking soda and water until it forms a uniform paste, then apply it to the irritated skin, cover with a clean gauze and change the dressing about 3 times a day, until the signs of skin irritation, such as itching and redness, have disappeared.

Before applying this home remedy, immediately wash the area with plenty of soap and water for 5 to 10 minutes, after touching the poisonous plant, apply a clean gauze or compress to the area and quickly go to the hospital seek medical help.

You should also avoid scratching the place that came into contact with the plant and not take an immersion bath, as the resin of the plant can spread to other regions of the body. The person should also not forget to take the plant to the hospital for the most appropriate treatment.

Popular topic