Table of contents:
Reflexology massage is a great way to relieve constipation because it applies pressure to specific points on the foot, which correspond to certain parts of the body, such as the colon, for example, stimulating bowel movements and elimination of feces that are trapped in the intestine.
Reflexology is a type of therapy that consists of applying pressure to points on the foot with the aim of stimulating the self-healing process, balancing the body's energy and preventing the development of diseases. Learn more about reflexology.
What is it for
Reflexology for constipation serves to stimulate bowel movements, favoring the movement of the fecal cake and promoting its elimination.In addition, the reflexology massage for constipation, by stimulating the output of stool, promotes the relief of symptoms such as abdominal pain and swollen belly.
It is important that it be performed by a trained professional, as this way it is possible to guarantee that the point of the foot connected to the intestine is stimulated.
To do the reflexology massage to relieve constipation, just follow these steps:
- Step 1: Hold the right foot with one hand and with the thumb of the other hand, slide from the heel to the middle of the sole, repeating the movement 6 times, gently;
- Step 2: Place your thumb on the sole of your left foot, as shown in the picture, and slide horizontally, repeating the movement 6 times;
- Step 3: Hold the left foot with one hand and with the thumb of the other hand, slide from the heel to the middle of the sole, repeating the movement 6 times, gently;
- Step 4: Push the toes back with one hand and with the thumb of the other hand, slide from the protrusion of the sole to the base of the big toe. Repeat the movement 7 times;
- Step 5: Place 3 fingers below the protrusion of the sole and press this point lightly, with both thumbs, making small circles, for 15 seconds;
- Step 6: Hold the foot with one hand and place the thumb of the other hand on the side of the foot below the ankle, as shown in the picture. Then, slide your thumb from that point to the depression in front of the ankle bone, pressing and making circles for 6 seconds. Repeat the movement 6 times.
In addition to this massage, to relieve constipation, it is also important to practice physical activity regularly, drink about 2 liters of water a day and increase the consumption of foods rich in fiber such as cereals, passion fruit, wheat germ, dried fruits and vegetables, for example.