Table of contents:
The biggest nutrition secret that allows you to define and develop your abs consists of increasing your protein intake, reducing your intake of fatty and sweet foods and doing localized physical activity, to reduce fat on the abdominal region and allow the muscles are more defined and visible.
So, to complete this eating plan, watch the video with the best exercises to define the abs:
Foods to increase muscle mass
The most recommended foods for those who need to increase muscle mass and burn abdominal fat are:
- Meat, especially skinless grilled chicken breast and turkey: These are high in protein and low in fat. However, red meat, such as pork or beef, can also be an option, preferably stripping the visible fat;
- Fish and seafood, especially tuna, salmon, trout or mussels: they contain a lot of protein that contributes to muscle development, in addition to omega 3, which guarantees the he alth of the muscle fibers;
- Eggs: are a food rich in proteins of high biological value, present in egg whites, easily used by the muscles. Therefore, it is recommended to eat at least one egg a day, except in the case of individuals with a history of high cholesterol, who can only eat the white;
- Milk and dairy products,such as yogurt, Minas cheese or ricotta: are another great source of protein and are usually low in s alt, which prevents water retention. However, it is important to avoid yellow cheeses because they have a lot of fat and s alt;
- Soy: is an excellent way to obtain high biological value amino acids with little fat, important for muscle development. Good ways to ingest soy are soy milk or tofu, for example;
- Oilseeds,such as walnuts or hazelnuts: they are rich in protein, but also contain a lot of calories, so you should only eat about two tablespoons of ground nuts.
Another way to get good quality protein from plant sources is by mixing grains and cereals, such as beans and rice.
In addition, to define the abdominal fast and dry the belly, you should drink about 8 glasses of water a day, in addition to the water ingested during training, to avoid cramps, improve kidney function and elimination of the products resulting from protein metabolism.
Example menu for diet to define abs
The recommended amount of protein per day is 1 gram per kg of weight, which, for a 70 kg individual, can be the equivalent of about:
|Food||Amount of Proteins||Calories|
|2 yogurts||8, 2 g||108|
|100 g of beef||26, 4 g||163|
|2 slices of cheese||10 g||126|
|100 g of grilled salmon||23, 8 g||308|
A good strategy to increase muscle mass can be to eat 1.5 grams of protein for every kg of weight. But this should only be done when doing intense physical activity, under the guidance of a physical advisor and a nutritionist, so as not to harm the kidneys.
To complete this diet, vitamin or protein supplements can also be used before and after training, however, they must be recommended by a nutritionist so that they are well adapted to individual needs.See a list of the main supplements used to gain muscle mass.
Diet to define abs and gain weight
The diet to define the abdomen and gain weight should be similar to the diet presented above, however, it is important to exceed the body's metabolic rate so that there is no unnecessary burning of muscle mass. So, some important tips are:
- Eat every 2 or 3 hours to maintain the body's energy reserves, preventing muscle wasting;
- Ingest protein at every meal, using foods such as cottage cheese, nuts or tuna for snacks between main meals;
- Avoid training without eating, as it depletes energy reserves and causes muscle wastage during training. A good tip is to eat a banana with a handful of oilseeds 30 minutes before training;
- Drink a protein shake after workouts or eat a protein bar right away to boost muscle growth;
- Eat a plate of food 1 hour after training, containing meat or fish + rice, pasta, potato or 2 eggs + 2 slices of whole wheat bread and accompanied by vegetables.