Table of contents:
Continuous use pills are those like Cerazette, which are taken daily, without a break, which means that the woman does not have menstruation. Other names are Micronor, Yaz 24+4, Adoless, Gestinol and Elani 28.
There are other contraceptive methods of continuous use, such as the subcutaneous implant, called Implanon, or the hormonal IUD, called Mirena, which in addition to preventing pregnancy, also prevent menstruation from occurring and, for this reason, are called continuous use contraceptive method.
Using the continuous pill has the following benefits:
- Avoid unwanted pregnancy;
- There is no menstruation, which may contribute to the treatment of iron deficiency anemia;
- Not having major hormonal changes, so there is no PMS;
- Avoid the discomfort of colic, migraine and discomfort that occur during the menstrual period;
- Has a lower hormonal concentration, although its contraceptive efficacy is maintained;
- It is more suitable for cases of myoma or endometriosis;
- As it is taken daily, every day of the month, it is easier to remember to take the pill daily.
The main disadvantage is that there may be a small loss of blood sporadically during the month, a situation called leakage, which happens mainly in the first 3 months of using this contraceptive.
Frequently asked questions
1. Does the continuous use pill make you fat?
Certain pills of continuous use have the feeling of bloating and weight gain as a side effect, however, this does not affect all women and may be more evident in one than another. If you notice a more swollen body, even if the weight does not increase on the scale, there is a possibility that it is just swelling, which can be caused by the contraceptive, in which case you just stop taking the pill to deflate.
2. Is it bad to take the pill straight away?
The pill of continuous use is not harmful to he alth and can be used for a long period of time, without interruption and there is no scientific proof that it can cause any damage to he alth. It also does not interfere with fertility, so when a woman wants to get pregnant, just stop taking it.
3. What is the price of the continuous use pill?
The price of the Cerazette continuous use pill is approximately 25 reais. The price of the Implanon and Mirena is approximately 600 reais, depending on the region.
4. Can I take the 21 or 24 day pills straight?
No. The only pills that can be used every day of the month are the continuous use pills, which have 28 pills per pack. So when the pack is finished, the woman must start a new pack the next day.
5. Can I get pregnant if there are leaks throughout the month?
No, as long as the woman takes the pill at the correct time daily, contraception is maintained even if there is breakthrough bleeding.