Table of contents:
A spinning class loses weight more than a treadmill or a run and also strengthens the legs and butt, making the body more beautiful and attractive. Other benefits are:
- Strengthen the thighs, fighting cellulite on the inner and side of the thighs;
- Work the buttocks making them firmer and reducing cellulite a lot;
- Improve blood circulation in the legs, fighting swelling;
- Strengthen the abdominal muscles when the class is done with the belly tucked in;
- Improves heart and respiratory function, lowers cholesterol and helps control blood glucose levels.
Classes are dynamic and motivating, however they are more suitable for those who are already used to doing exercises because they are of moderate/high intensity.
How many calories do you burn
Spinning slims the belly and legs because it uses a lot of energy. An hour of spinning burns an average of 570 calories per class for women and more than 650 for men, but to lose weight and lose belly fat it is recommended to use a heart rate monitor throughout the class to keep the heart rate above 65% capacity. maximum.
The frequency meter is a portable device that measures the ideal heart rate to lose weight and the gym teacher can indicate the ideal frequency of the student according to his age. Certain gyms have stationary bikes that already have a frequency meter on the handlebars, which helps to control HR throughout the class.
So, if the person eats well and manages to complete the entire class, it is possible to lose about 4 kg per month with training 2 or 3 times a week.
Tips to get the most out of your spinning class
Some important tips to get the most out of your spinning class are:
- Drink 1 glass of fruit juice, drink 1 liquid yogurt or eat 1 fruit about 30 minutes before class;
- Stretch before class starts;
- Start at a slower pace and gradually increase your speed and leg strength;
- Wear a shoe with a hard sole, like those used by professional cyclists, as this helps to put the power of the legs directly on the pedal, preventing it from being lost through a shoe with a soft sole;
- Have a hand towel always close by to prevent your hands from slipping off the spinning bike handlebars;
- Use padded shorts in your intimate parts to ensure greater comfort during class;
- Drink coconut water or an isotonic drink such as Gatorade, during class to replace the water and minerals lost in sweat;
- Help the spinning bike to its height to prevent back and knee injuries;
- After class, eat a protein-rich food such as a protein shake or yogurt, or a meal with lean meat or eggs to promote muscle growth.
During the entire class, keep your back straight and avoid straining your neck too much, if there is neck pain, relieve the tension in this region by turning your head to the sides, but if there is pain in your knees while pedaling, the best option is as soon as you can look for a doctor or physical therapist.
For those who want to lose weight and lose belly fat, it is important to remember that proper nutrition and regular physical exercise are also important to intersperse spinning classes with a type of anaerobic exercise, such as weight training.