Table of contents:
The fast metabolism diet works by accelerating metabolism and increasing the expenditure of calories in the body, which helps in weight loss. This diet promises to eliminate up to 10 kg in 1 month, and consists of a food plan that must be followed for 4 weeks.
Slow metabolism is the main cause of weight loss diets failure, even when you have a correct diet combined with physical exercise. Thus, it is necessary to increase metabolism for weight loss to continue.
This diet, like any other, must be guided with the help of a nutritionist, as it must be adapted to the he alth history of each person.
Diet Phases of Metabolism
Each week of the metabolism diet is divided into 3 phases, with the aim of controlling stress hormones, blood pressure, boosting immunity and accelerating fat burning.
The only foods that cannot be eaten during the entire process of this diet are sweets, fruit juices, dried fruits, soft drinks, alcoholic beverages, coffee and products containing gluten or lactose.
Phase 1 menu
This phase of the fast metabolism diet lasts 2 days and the goal is to control hormones that control the body's fat storage.
- Breakfast: Oatmeal smoothie and berries or 1 tapioca with chickpea paste. Smoothie Ingredients: 1/2 cup gluten-free oatmeal, 1/2 cup blueberry, strawberry and blackberry mix, 1 small apple, 1 cube of ginger, mint and ice.
- Snack: 1 fruit: orange, guava, papaya, pear, mango, apple, tangerine or 1 slice of pineapple or melon.
- Lunch: Salad with assorted vegetables and vegetables seasoned with lemon, ginger and pepper + 150 g braised chicken fillet with broccoli + 1/2 cup cooked quinoa.
- Snack: 1/2 cup diced watermelon + 1 teaspoon lemon juice OR 1 slice of pineapple.
- Dinner: Salad with leaves and vegetables + 100 g grilled fillet + 4 tablespoons of brown rice with grated zucchini or 1 wholemeal tortilla with salad + 1 apple.
During this phase, consumption of all types of fat is prohibited, even good fats such as olive oil.
Phase 2 menu
This phase also lasts 2 days and the objective is to increase the burning of old fats, difficult to eliminate with conventional diets.
- Breakfast: 3 egg whites, stirred or boiled, seasoned with s alt, oregano and parsley.
- Snack: 2 slices of turkey breast with cucumber or 2 tablespoons of canned tuna in water + fennel stalks as desired.
- Lunch: Arugula, red lettuce and mushroom salad + 1 bell pepper stuffed with ground beef OR 100 g tuna fillet stuffed with cayenne pepper.
- Snack: 3 slices of roast beef + cucumbers cut into sticks as desired.
- Dinner: 1 plate of shredded chicken soup with broccoli, cabbage, chard.
At this stage, in addition to fat, it is also forbidden to consume carbohydrates and grains such as beans, chickpeas and soybeans.
Phase 3 menu
The last phase of the fast metabolism diet lasts 3 days and aims to increase fat burning, no food group is prohibited.
- Breakfast: 1 gluten-free toast with 1 scrambled egg seasoned with oregano and a little s alt + 1 glass of almond milk mixed with 3 tablespoons of avocado.
- Snack: 1 apple mashed with cinnamon or cocoa powder OR celery stalks with almond butter.
- Lunch: Vegetable salad + 150 g salmon or roast chicken fillet + 1 peach.
- Snack: 1 glass of coconut water + a quarter cup of raw, uns alted chestnuts, walnuts or almonds.
- Dinner: Lettuce, Mushroom and Tomato Salad + ½ cup cooked quinoa + 4 tablespoons braised ground beef with olives.
After completing the 7 days of diet, the phases must be restarted until completing 28 days of diets. After this period, the foods prohibited during the diet should gradually return to the diet, so that weight gain does not return.
This diet was created by American nutritionist Haylie Pomroy, and can be found in the book The Fast Metabolism Diet. In addition to weight loss, the author says that the diet also increases muscle mass, controls hormones and improves he alth.