Table of contents:
To remove stretch marks and prevent the appearance of new ones, it is possible to resort to some treatments that can be done at home, such as exfoliation and skin hydration, as well as aesthetic treatments, such as microneedling and radiofrequency, which should be done by a dermatologist or beautician.
The treatment to be performed varies according to the color of the stretch marks, which can be classified as red or white. Stretch marks when they are red or pink have greater local inflammation, and radiofrequency is a great option, as they are still in the initial phase. White stretch marks can be treated with microneedling, for example, which is able to increase local circulation, which is much smaller.
Stretches appear when there is a change in skin elasticity due to the breakdown of collagen fibers, which are responsible for giving the skin firmness and support. The most affected body parts are the abdomen, but stretch marks can also occur on the breasts, armpits, buttocks and thighs.
1. Red streaks
Red stretch marks appear due to the breakdown of collagen fibers present in the skin, reducing hydration and regeneration of the first layer of the skin. However, it is still possible to observe the blood circulation in the region, which facilitates the penetration of assets, such as vitamin C, for example, and the faster response to the applied techniques. Thus, to eliminate the red streaks, it is indicated:
- Exfoliate the skin: you can use vegetable loofah or exfoliating creams, making circular movements on the stretch marks for 3 to 5 minutes, during the bath, up to 2 times a week;
- Deeply hydrate the skin: moisturizing creams and oils stimulate cell renewal and the growth of new cells;
- Apply a cream for stretch marks: products with healing effects help to regenerate the skin, improving the appearance and texture of stretch marks. The cream should be applied along the entire length of the stretch marks with circular movements, until completely absorbed. It is important that the treatment is guided by the dermatologist, as it is possible to indicate the best product and the period of use. Check out more creams to remove stretch marks;
- Radiofrequency: is a technique that allows for better oxygenation, nutrition and dilation of blood vessels in the area, helping to eliminate stretch marks. Radiofrequency is performed in an aesthetic clinic by a qualified professional. See how radiofrequency is made;
- Vacuoterapia: the vacuum promotes suction on the skin, causing the blood to be directed more intensively to that area, improving circulation in the region of the stretch marks and promoting their elimination. Understand how vacuum therapy is done;
Although red stretch marks cause intense itching, you cannot scratch the skin as this can aggravate stretch marks. See more details on how to remove red stretch marks.
2. White streaks
To eliminate white stretch marks, it is recommended to perform treatments that increase local circulation and skin hydration, in addition to stimulating collagen production. For this, it is necessary to resort to more refined aesthetic treatments such as:
- Retinoic acid peeling: Increases collagen production, improving skin vascularization and circulation. This technique must be done by the dermatologist or physical therapist;
- Carboxitherapy: promotes increased blood circulation and collagen synthesis, giving skin firmness;
- Microneedling: also known as Dermaroller, stimulates the production of new collagen fibers, giving greater support to the skin.This treatment should only be done with a dermatologist or physical therapist specializing in aesthetics. See how microneedling works for stretch marks;
- Crystal Peeling: is a kind of mechanical exfoliation in which the most superficial layers of the skin are removed, leaving the stretch marks more uniform. See how crystal peeling is done;
- Intradermotherapy: is the application of various chemical substances through injections along the entire length of the stretch marks, improving their appearance and decreasing their size;
- Galvanoterapia: use of a galvanic current device that, through electrical stimuli, promotes the deeper penetration of certain chemical substances, which favors the formation of collagen and elastin.
These treatments stimulate local blood circulation, favoring the formation of new collagen and elastin cells, which form the skin, managing to promote the narrowing of stretch marks, until they become imperceptible.
Watch the following video and check out these and other tips that help eliminate stretch marks:
How to prevent new stretch marks
To prevent the appearance of new stretch marks, it is recommended to keep the skin always very hydrated, to avoid rapid weight gain, so as not to cause the "accordion effect" that damages the integrity of the skin, maintain a diet rich in proteins and increase water consumption.
During pregnancy the appearance of stretch marks is common, especially in the belly and breasts region, so it is essential that the skin hydration is done right at the beginning of pregnancy. However, before starting any treatment, it is essential to consult a dermatologist..
What causes stretch marks
Stretches can occur in men and women and in any age group, but they are more frequent during puberty and pregnancy, as it is during this period that hormonal factors and changes in weight and measurements are most influenced.Stretch marks usually arise when there is increased tension in the skin, causing damage to collagen and elastin fibers, leaving the skin more “stretched” and flaccid.