Table of contents:
Capillary reconstruction is a process that helps to restore hair keratin, which is the protein responsible for maintaining the structure of the wires and which is eliminated every day due to sun exposure, straightening with a flat iron or use of chemicals in the hair, leaving the hair more porous and brittle.
Thus, performing hair reconstruction is important to maintain the he alth of the hair, in addition to leaving it with more shine, strength and resistance to external agents that damage the hair.
Generally, hair reconstruction should be done every 15 days, especially when using many chemical processes on the hair. In cases where not many products are used on the hair, the reconstruction can only be done once a month, as excess keratin can make the hair strands very stiff and brittle.
Benefits of hair reconstruction
Hair reconstruction has several benefits, the main ones being:
- Improve wire integrity;
- Replenish hair keratin;
- Reduce the porosity of the wires;
- To make the hair stronger and able to receive other treatments, such as nutrition and hair hydration.
When the hair is damaged and the pores are open, the elasticity and structure of the wire are impaired, causing the nutrients that are part of these treatments not to penetrate deeply into the hair and guarantee the benefits.
An excellent option for hair reconstruction and hair renewal is sealing, being mainly indicated for chemically damaged hair, such as straightening and coloring. See how to perform capillary sealing at home.
How to do hair reconstruction at home
To do hair reconstruction at home, it is important to follow these steps:
- Wash your hair with a deep cleansing shampoo to remove all residue and open the hair scales;
- Dry your hair with a soft towel to remove excess water;
- Divide hair into several sections about 2 cm wide;
- Apply liquid keratin on each strand of hair, starting at the nape of the neck and ending at the front of the hair. It is important to avoid placing it directly on the root, leaving about 2 cm away from the scalp;
- Unite all the hair, massaging from root to tip and letting the product act for about 15 minutes;
- Apply an intense hydration mask on each strand until the keratin is covered and then put on a plastic cap, leaving it on for another 20 minutes. Discover 10 options for homemade hydration masks;
- Wash your hair with lukewarm or cold water to remove excess product;
- Comb your hair with a soft brush or a wide-bristle comb;
- Apply a serum, with thermal protection;
- Dry your hair completely with the hairdryer.
Normally, this type of treatment leaves the hair looking stiff due to the use of liquid keratin and, therefore, to make it silky and shiny, it is recommended to do a hydration treatment 2 days after hair reconstruction.
Furthermore, it is recommended to do a wire resistance test, applying a small amount to one end of the hair and waiting for 10 minutes, to see if there is a complete breakage of the wires and if the treatment is safe.