Table of contents:
- 1. Breast milk popsicle
- 2. Carrot sticks
- 3. Objects to bite
- 4. Gum Massage
- 5. Shantala Massage
- 6. Reflexology Massage
- 7. Calendula Compress
It is normal for the baby to feel uncomfortable, irritable and grumpy when the teeth begin to erupt, which normally happens after the sixth month of life.
To relieve the baby's teething pain, parents can massage or give the baby cold toys. Some homemade options to relieve the pain of teething are:
1. Breast milk popsicle
Breast milk popsicle is a good way to relieve the pain of baby teething because in addition to being nutritious, it is cold, which promotes pain relief. To make the popsicle you must:
- Wash your hands well with soap and water and clean the areolas;
- Despise the first jets of milk;
- Remove the milk and place it in a sterilized container;
- Cover the container and place it in a basin with cold water and ice cubes for about 2 minutes;
- Place the container in the freezer for a maximum of 15 days.
This technique should not replace breastfeeding and should only be used up to 2 times a day.
2. Carrot sticks
Peeled and cold carrot sticks, if food has already been included in the baby's routine, it is also a good option, as cold carrots are a good option for relieving the itching and discomfort of the birth process. teeth.
To make the carrot sticks:
- Peel and cut the carrots into medium sticks;
- Leave in the fridge for about 2 hours;
- Give baby two to three times a day.
It is recommended that the chopsticks are not frozen, as the rigidity of the frozen carrot can hurt the baby's gums.
3. Objects to bite
Giving your baby objects to chew on can be a good way to relieve pain and keep your baby entertained while playing. These objects must be smooth and clean and preferably adapted for this purpose, as is the case with teethers, which can be purchased at pharmacies or baby stores.
A good trick to improve the teething effect is to put these objects in the fridge before giving them to your baby.
4. Gum Massage
Another technique that helps relieve the pain of teething is to gently massage the baby's gums with the tip of your finger, which should be very clean. This massage, in addition to relieving the pain, can entertain the baby, making the process even more fun.
5. Shantala Massage
This massage consists of a series of techniques that are used to relax the baby. This skin-to-skin contact by mother/father and baby during the massage strengthens the affective bond and reduces stress, in addition to decreasing tension and consequently the pain of teething. This massage can even help the baby sleep better. Check out how to do the shantala massage.
6. Reflexology Massage
Reflexology massage is a technique to relieve the pain of the baby's first teeth, which usually start to appear around 6 to 8 months of age. Massage can be done after bathing, which is when the baby is warm, comfortable, clean and most relaxed. Massage, in addition to having calming and relaxing effects, helps to reduce the baby's irritation due to teeth.
Reflexology massage to relieve baby's first teething pain involves 3 steps, which must be performed on both feet, one at a time:
- Lightly press the back of the 4 little toes with your thumb in a circular fashion, one by one, sliding to the base of the finger;
- Press with the bent thumb, from the nail to the base of the finger, as if it were a worm sliding. Repeat about 2-3 times;
- Gently press the area between each baby's toe. This last step of the massage will help to strengthen the immune system and release toxins helping to prevent fevers and opportunistic infections.
Also learn how to give a reflexology massage to improve your baby's sleep.
7. Calendula Compress
Calendula is a flower with soothing and anti-inflammatory properties, these properties help relieve pain and discomfort. In addition, calendula tea can help the baby to fall asleep, as during this period sleep tends to be disrupted due to excessive irritation.
How to make a marigold compress:
- 2 g of marigold flowers;
- 150 ml of boiling water;
- Cover and let stand for about 15 minutes;
- Immerse compresses in the mixture and apply on the gum 3 to 4 times a day for 10 minutes.
Did you know other medicinal properties of marigold.