Table of contents:
- Because not eating can make you fat
- How to do intermittent fasting to lose weight
- How to lose weight without having to go without food
Going without food may seem like a good way to lose weight, but some people find it more difficult to control hunger after fasting for a period, or they may have binge eating, ending up eating more food at me altimes. next.
Furthermore, it is also common that, after not eating for a few hours, there is a greater desire to eat foods rich in fat, such as ice cream, snacks and fried foods; sweets such as chocolates, juices and soft drinks; or processed foods, which also ends up harming weight loss.
For those who want to go without eating to lose weight, a good option is to do intermittent fasting, which, despite taking a few hours without eating, is a balanced diet that also stimulates caloric expenditure, thus promoting, weight loss.See how to do intermittent fasting so you don't get fat.
Because not eating can make you fat
Not eating for a few hours throughout the day can make you fat, as many people tend to get hungrier and thus eat more food than they need at the next meal.
Furthermore, people who normally have binge eating are at a greater risk of gaining weight, as they tend to eat large amounts of food after going a few hours without eating, often opting for foods with a lot of fat and sugar. Learn more about what it is and how to treat binge eating.
It is important to note that in order to go without food and lose weight, it is necessary to fast throughout the day to stimulate fat burning. Therefore, a good option is to do intermittent fasting, which is a balanced diet interspersed with periods of fasting, which accelerates metabolism and stimulates the burning of body fat.
See, in the following video, why not eating can make you fat:
How to do intermittent fasting to lose weight
Doing intermittent fasting is a good option to go without eating and lose weight successfully, as it consists of a food style in which you spend a minimum of 12 hours without eating. These prolonged fasting breaks between meals accelerate metabolism and force the body to use fat cells as a source of energy, which promotes weight loss. Understand better how intermittent fasting helps you lose weight.
In addition, during the intermittent fasting diet, you should prioritize the intake of natural foods after periods without eating, such as vegetables, fruits, legumes, lean proteins and whole grains, because this favors the balance of hormones of the hunger and satiety, promoting weight loss. See the step-by-step guide on how to start the intermittent fasting diet.
It is important that, when choosing not to eat to lose weight, whether intermittent fasting or any other type of diet, always consult a nutritionist.In this way it will be possible to plan the diet in a personalized way, evaluating the current state of he alth, eating behavior, tolerance and individual preferences.
See with our nutritionist how and why intermittent fasting helps you lose weight:
How to lose weight without having to go without food
Although going without food can be an option to lose weight quickly, it doesn't have to be a reality, as it is possible to continue eating regularly and lose weight. For this, some tips are:
- Drink an average of 2 liters of water a day: drinking plenty of water helps control hunger, promoting weight loss. This happens because the body often ends up mistaking the feeling of thirst for hunger. See the amount of water you should drink per day;
- Eating every 3 or 4 hours: eating every 3 or 4 hours helps control your appetite throughout the day, preventing you from eating large portions of food the next day meal;
- Prioritize natural foods: Prioritize natural foods, such as whole grains, fresh fruits and vegetables, lean proteins and legumes in the diet, help to prolong satiety and balance the levels of hormones responsible for fat burning and satiety;
- Eat carefully and calmly: eat calmly and carefully, chewing food well, helps the stomach to inform the brain when you are full, avoiding exaggeration during meals;
- Practice physical activity: the regular practice of physical activity at least 3 times a week, helps to increase caloric expenditure and balance hormones responsible for satiety and well-being, favoring the weight loss.
In addition, having a good night's sleep is also essential for losing weight, as it is the time of day when the production and balance of hormones responsible for controlling hunger and burning calories takes place.See more tips to control hunger and increase calorie burning.