Table of contents:
Peanut butter, also called peanut butter, is an easy way to add calories and good fats to your diet, helping you to gain weight in a he althy way, naturally stimulating muscle growth and increasing immunity.
Ideally, peanut butter is made only from roasted and ground peanuts, with no added sugars or artificial sweeteners. In addition, there are versions on the market with the addition of whey protein, cocoa or hazelnut, for example, which are also he althy and help to vary the flavor of the diet.
Peanut butter can be used for different purposes, being lately more used to assist in the process of gaining muscle mass. Thus, peanut butter stimulates hypertrophy by having the following properties:
- Be rich in protein, as peanuts naturally contain a good concentration of this nutrient;
- Being a natural hypercaloric, favoring weight gain in a good way, without stimulating fat accumulation;
- Being a source of good fats such as omega-3, which strengthens the immune system and reduces inflammation in the body;
- Favorite muscle contraction and prevents cramps, as it contains magnesium and potassium;
- Being rich in vitamins from the B complex, which improves the functioning of mitochondria, which are parts of cells responsible for providing energy to the body;
- Preventing muscle damage, as it is rich in antioxidants such as vitamin E and phytosterols.
To obtain these benefits, you should consume at least 1 tablespoon of peanut butter daily, which can be used as a filling in breads or added to vitamins, wholegrain cookie recipes, cake toppings or over fruits bites in a quick snack.See also all the benefits of peanuts.
How to make peanut butter
To make the traditional peanut butter, just put 1 cup of skinless roasted peanuts in a food processor or blender and blend until a creamy paste is formed, which should be stored in a container with a lid in the fridge. A tip is before putting it in the processor or blender, leave it for about 10 minutes in the low oven, so it is possible to guarantee more creaminess.
In addition, it is possible to make the paste more s alty or sweeter according to taste, it can be s alty with a little s alt, or sweetened with a little honey, for example.
This paste can be consumed with fruits, toast or even in vitamins, and can help in the process of gaining muscle mass. Discover some snack options to gain muscle mass.
The following table provides nutritional information for 100 g of whole-grain peanut butter, with no added sugar or other ingredients.
|Components||Quantity in 100 grams|
|Carbohydrate||10, 7 g|
|Protein||25, 33 g|
|Fat||52, 7 g|
|Fibers||7, 33 g|
|Niacina||7, 7 mg|
|Folic acid||160 mg|
A tablespoon of peanut butter weighs about 15g, and it is important to note the presence of sugar in the ingredients list on the product label, avoiding buying pastes that contain added sugar to improve their flavor.
To increase training results and promote hypertrophy, see other foods that help you gain muscle mass.