Table of contents:
- 1. Burpee
- 2. Bike in the air
- 3. Cross climber
- 4. Plank
- 5. Reverse crunch
- 6. Solo abs
- 7. Abdominal with feet elevated
- 8. Boat position
- Recommendations for the exercises
Exercises to lose belly fat are those of medium to high intensity, which increase the heart rate and strengthen the abdominal muscles, as this helps in burning fat and contributes to a better body contour.
These types of exercises can be done at home 3 to 5 times a week and it is recommended that before starting, do 10 minutes of aerobic warm-up, such as jumping rope and jumping jacks.
In addition to exercise, it is essential to follow a he althy diet, avoiding the frequent consumption of processed and high-sugar foods. In addition, increasing the consumption of fruits and vegetables favors weight loss and prevents the accordion effect. Know what to eat to lose belly fat.
Watch the video with the best exercises to lose belly:
The burpee is a simple exercise that works the whole body and doesn't require the use of material, so it can be done anywhere. During the burpee, you exercise your back, chest, legs, arms and butt, helping to lose fat and weight, as it requires a huge expenditure of energy.
- Stand with your feet in line with your shoulders;
- Lower the body to the floor, throwing the feet back and taking the body towards the floor, supporting the hands;
- Stay in plank position with chest and thighs on the floor;
- Ascend the torso, pushing with the arms and stand up, making a small jump and stretching the arms.
You should do 3 sets of 8 to 12 burpees. It is important to try to maintain the rhythm while performing the burpees so that the results are achieved faster. After each series, it is recommended to rest for 1 minute.
2. Bike in the air
The air bike is an abdominal exercise variation that combines trunk and hip flexion with trunk rotation to strengthen the abdominal muscles.
- Lie down with your back on the floor;
- Raise your legs with your back off the floor;
- Simulate pedaling a bicycle with your feet up.
- Reach the right knee when it is closer to the abdomen, with the hands behind the head, and repeat the procedure when the left knee is closer.
The ideal is to do 4 sets of this exercise until you complete 30 repetitions in each, respecting an interval of 1 minute between them, and always taking care to keep your spine straight to avoid back pain.
3. Cross climber
The cross climber helps raise your heart rate because it is high intensity, and in this way it helps to burn fat, as well as strengthen the abdominal muscles and increase the definition of the belly.
- Support both hands on the floor;
- Remain on tiptoe, keeping the body still, stretched in this position;
- Straighten one leg and throw it forward and to the side, as shown in the image above, alternating both legs throughout the exercise.
It is recommended to do this exercise in 4 sets and for 1 minute, without stopping. When the minute is up, rest for 30 seconds until you resume the next set.
The isometric plank exercise is very efficient to lose belly and tone the abdominal muscles, because the muscle work is done to stay in the same position for a few seconds.
- Place both hands parallel on the floor;
- Place your feet parallel to the floor and slightly apart, dividing your body weight on these four supports;
- Maintain the spine alignment, without elevating the hip.
It is recommended to hold the body for 30 seconds or as long as possible.
5. Reverse crunch
With the reverse crunch exercise, it is possible to tone the muscles of the lower part of the belly, helping to slim the waist.
- Lie on your back with your legs stretched out;
- Place your hands on the floor beside your body;
- Bend your knees and lift your legs, bringing your knees close to your chin;
- Go down with your legs straight, without touching the ground.
For this exercise to be efficient, the ideal is to complete 30 repetitions or as much as you can in 4 sets.
6. Solo abs
The floor crunch is used when the goal is to slim the waist, as it helps to define the muscles of the upper part of the belly.
- Lie on the floor, on a mat or mat;
- Bend your knees and keep your feet parallel with the soles touching the floor;
- Put your hands behind your head and lift your torso, trying to make your head touch your knee.
It is important to be careful not to lift the lower back off the ground during the exercise, to avoid back pain later on.
It is recommended to do 4 sets of 30 repetitions or as much as you can.
7. Abdominal with feet elevated
The crunch with the feet elevated can be done without support on the legs or with support, with a pilates ball or a chair.
- Suspend the feet;
- Keep your knees bent;
- Put your hands behind your head;
- Raise the torso, as in the floor sit-up.
When starting an exercise program, the sit-up with the legs supported on a ball or chair may be more recommended, and then you can move on to a more advanced stage, such as the legs without support.
8. Boat position
The boat pose exercise is inspired by yoga and has a strong ability to define the abdominal muscles. In this exercise the body is in a "V" shape and only the glutes touch the floor.
- Lie on your back;
- Raise the body off the floor by lifting the chest, legs, arms and head;
- Keep your legs straight and bring your arms forward.
The recommended thing is to repeat this exercise 3 times for 30 seconds or as long as you can. Also, it is important to wait 1 minute between each set for the body to recover.
Recommendations for the exercises
Before starting the exercises, it is important to check your he alth with a general practitioner.
Also, it is important to drink water between exercises, wear appropriate gym clothes and prepare the environment for the activity, as some movements may need a larger space to be performed.
If any discomfort arises, such as pain in the spine or knee, it is important to avoid doing the exercise until a doctor's evaluation, so that he alth is not compromised.
Also, another excellent option for toning the body and losing weight is fighting and martial arts, which define muscles and improve endurance and physical strength. Check out other exercises to define the belly.